Data-retention commiseration party
Bring a laptop, smartphone or tablet and join us to commiserate the implementation day of the data retention scheme. Open to all, learn about cryptography software such as Tor - The Onion Router, PGP - Pretty Good Privacy, Public Key Cryptography, VPNs - Virtual Private Networks and OTR - Off The Record messaging, as well as other helpful applications and tips.
Thanks to the lovely people at cryptostorm.is, we have seven x 3month VPN tokens to give away. So arrive early!
Beer and wine will be available on the night.
Format, 80 Hindley Street, Adelaide.
Archive of previous CryptoParty Adelaide events
Email us at cryptoadl (at) riseup.net or use your favourite social network below.
If you'd like to make a donation to keep the CryptoParties going:
Code of conduct
The following is a list of advice for CryptoParty attendees in the hopes of keeping discussion seamless, informative and on point.
- TRY to listen and respect the moderator
- TRY to give explanations and avoid acronyms
- DON’T interrupt someone speaking
- DON’T preach about organization or affiliation: we don’t care
- DON’T infringe on a member’s privacy
- DON’T gloat about your technical prowess
- DON’T assume anyone knows what you’re referring to: explain yourself
- DON’T monopolize the conversation
- DO show respect for the women & men who grace us
- DO be courteous and excellent to each other
- DO be respectful of the venue of the meeting or event
CryptoParty Adelaide is completely run and funded by volunteers, so if you'd like it to continue, we need your help to run the next one!