Bring a laptop, smartphone or tablet and join us for Adelaide’s second CryptoParty. Open to all, learn about cryptography software such as Tor - The Onion Router, PGP - Pretty Good Privacy, Public Key Cryptography, VPNs - Virtual Private Networks and OTR - Off The Record messaging, as well as other helpful applications and tips.
The party will be opened by a friendly group of cypherpunks who’ll explain what cryptography is, and how it’ll help you protect your privacy on-line and avoid data retention. They’ll be followed by three special guest speakers, and an install festival where we’ll help you install and use the crypto software you’ve just learned about.
We’ll then all take a collective deep breath and end with some good fun party times thanks to a chiptune performance by little-scale.
Pizza & drinks provided, but feel free to BYO.
- 11:00am Welcome to the CryptoParty
- 11:15am Introduction to cryptography software
- 12:00pm WhisperNote talk
- 12:30pm The Dark Net talk
- 1:00pm Bitcoin talk
- 1:30pm Lunch
- 2:30pm Install cryptography software on your devices
- 4:30pm Drinks & key exchange
- 5:00pm Performance by little-scale
- 6:00pm Shutdown
Local IT entrepreneur talks about why apps like WhisperNote are important for the future of web security.
Author of 'Silk Road', Eileen describes how to be safe and secure on the dark net.
Open Source developer talks about his move to Bitcoin, and the future of scaling fast micropayments.
Book a ticket
To guarantee a place at the Adelaide CryptoParty, sign up to Eventbrite and book your CryptoParty ticket. If you wish to remain pseudonymous, use a fake name when signing up. If you wish to remain completely anonymous, sign up with a fake name and throw-away e-mail address. Else if you’d prefer to avoid Eventbrite entirely, just turn up on the day and try your luck. :-)
We've reached capacity, so either join the wait list for any cancellations, or turn up and cross your fingers on the day.
Majoran Distillery, Level 2/14 Grenfel Street, Adelaide.
Email us at cryptoadl (at) riseup.net or use your favourite social network below.
If you have access to a printer, it'd be great if you printed a poster and put it up in your workplace or favourite public space.
Code of conduct
The following is a list of advice for CryptoParty attendees in the hopes of keeping discussion seamless, informative and on point.
- TRY to listen and respect the moderator
- TRY to give explanations and avoid acronyms
- DON’T interrupt someone speaking
- DON’T preach about organization or affiliation: we don’t care
- DON’T infringe on a member’s privacy
- DON’T gloat about your technical prowess
- DON’T assume anyone knows what you’re referring to: explain yourself
- DON’T monopolize the conversation
- DO show respect for the women & men who grace us
- DO be courteous and excellent to each other
- DO be respectful of the venue of the meeting or event